Drive-In/Drive-Thru Pallet Racking Systems for High-Density Storage
HTI custom-engineered drive-in and drive-thru pallet racking systems provide efficient, effective high-density storage solutions for similar types of products.
Drive-in pallet rack systems feature a single entry/exit where forklift operators drive into the racking system to load and unload pallets from one side. This type of pallet rack is a last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory system and is ideal for products that are not date sensitive.
Drive-thru pallet racking systems have a separate entry/exit point for loading and retrieval. They use a first-in, first-out (FIFO) inventory retrieval system where the first pallet loaded on the rail system is the first to be removed from the other end. This makes the drive-thru pallet rack system perfect for date-sensitive, fast-moving, or perishable products.
Both drive-in and drive-thru pallet racks utilize a floor-to-ceiling design that maximizes storage space and cubed space utilization by reducing the need for traditional aisles. They are similar in function and design to floor stacking systems. Forklifts load the vertical racks sequentially from the floor to the top rail level, and they unload the racks in reverse order from the top rail down to the floor level.
The greater storage density in both systems provides significantly more storage space than either floor stacking or traditional pallet racks.
Both systems are also ideal for freezer or cold storage applications or seasonal warehouses.
Discover the Benefits of HTI's Custom-Engineered Drive-In/Drive-Thru Pallet Rack Solutions:
- Double or single/double forklifts can increase productivity by up to 50 percent
- Elimination of an additional upright for every pallet position increases density by up to 35 percent
- Side-by-side pallet handling stabilizes the load and improves efficiency and safety
- Drive-in system loads and picks from the same side for last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory retrieval
- Drive-Thru system loads and picks from both sides for first in, first-out (FIFO) inventory retrieval